Last updated: Aug, 2021
This Policy describes how Shirui processes your personal data, but it may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Shirui may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
This Policy describes:
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
Before using Shirui’s products or services, you may need to provide personal data. In some cases you may be able to opt not to disclose your personal data to Shirui. However, not providing Shirui with certain data may mean that we cannot provide you with certain products or services or respond to an issue that you have raised.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Creating an account.
- Fulfilling your transaction or service requests, including fulfilling orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; providing training and certification; managing and processing training and certification exams; participating in onsite or virtual activities; fulfilling your requests for changes or providing you with the requested information (such as marketing materials for products and services, and white papers); and providing technical support.
- Sending you important notices, such as installation of and updates to operating system or application.
- Providing you with customized user experience and content.
- Qualifying and managing suppliers and business partners, and communicating or working with suppliers and business partners.
- Improving our products and services through internal audits, data analysis, and research.
- Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market share.
- Troubleshooting when you send us error reports.
- Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
- Ensuring the security of our products, services and customers or users, executing and improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
Shirui will process your personal data following the requirements of applicable laws on an appropriate legal basis, including:
- Processing your personal data to fulfill the contract when responding to a transaction or service request;
- Processing your personal data with your consent;
- Processing based on the legitimate interests of Shirui when we use your personal data to contact you, conduct marketing or market surveys, improve our products and services, execute and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs, and other purposes. Legitimate interests include enabling us to more effectively manage and operate our business and provide our products and services; protecting the security of our businesses, systems, products, services, and customers; internal management; complying with internal policies and processes; and other legitimate interests described in this policy;
- Processing your personal data as necessary to comply with and fulfill legal obligations.
2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
To ensure our website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use, and enable websites to store data such as your preferences or items in your shopping cart.
3. How We Disclose Personal Data
Shirui shares your personal data with other partners, as described in this Policy, when services are provided by partners authorized by Shirui. For example, when you make a purchase from Shirui, we must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Shirui may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If Shirui is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation lawsuit in a given jurisdiction, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction.
Shirui may also disclose your data when appropriate, for example, to execute Terms and Conditions, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Shirui is correct. Shirui is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
Shirui would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed of how we are going to process your personal data;
- The right to access – You have the right to request we for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw your consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data; however, our process of your data before your withdraw is still lawful.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using the contact details provided in the “How to contact us”. We have one month to respond to you.
Please note that for security concern, we may require you to make a written request and/or ask you to verify your identity before we act on your request. Depending upon the circumstances and the request, we reserve the right to deny your request where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
If you think that the way we process your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you can contact the relevant competent data protection authority. You can obtain the information for contacting EU data protection authorities here.
5. How We Protect and Retain Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. Shirui is committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards Shirui uses to determine the retention period are as follows: the time required to retain personal data to fulfill business purposes, including providing products and services; maintaining corresponding transaction and business records; controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services; ensuring the security of systems, products, and services; handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems; whether the user agrees to a longer retention period; and whether the laws, contracts, and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention, etc.
We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
6. How We Process Children’s Personal Data
Our websites, products and services are primarily intended for adults. A child must not create a Shirui account without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a child’s personal data is collected with prior parental consent, we will only use or disclose the data as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians, or when necessary for the protection of the child. If we accidentally collect a child’s personal data without verified prior consent from the child’s parents, we will attempt to delete the data as soon as possible.
7. Third-Party Providers and Their Services
To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive content or web links from third parties other than Shirui and its partners (“third parties”). Shirui does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the content and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Shirui cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
8. Updates to This Policy
9. How to Contact Us
Email us at: email@example.com